CLINICAL GAIT WORKSHOP SET FOR NOVEMBER 17-18 AT CHILDREN'S CAREPOSTED: OCT 01, 2012
Kacy Hertz, PT, will present a clinical gait course titled "Treatment, Not Theory," 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, November 17th and 18th.
This is a basic level course that will cover specific assessment tools for the lower extremity, development of different types of gait problems, and treatment of the same problems. Knowledge of the gait cycle is recommended as this course is practical and treatment oriented. The participant will develop a problem solving approach for treatment of equinus gait, lateral and medial rotation gait, crouched gait, and lateral flexion gait.
Course Objectives- The participant will:
- Understand basic gait terminology
- Understand how the enablement model of assessment can be used to assess gait problems
- Know how to write goals for gait problems
- Understand the development of different types of gait problems
- Be able to assess the same issues from a musculoskeletal and motor perspective
- Plan treatments for the same gait problems
- Be exposed to the possibilities of therapeutic adjuncts to enhancing gait
- Be exposed to orthotic use and the options available
« back to article list
Past and Present
News & Resource Center
Make a donation
Click here to find out more ways
to support LifeScape!
OR donate online!
Change your life
Work at LifeScape and touch the hearts of others.
See our current Events.